Monday, August 20, 2012

Who's Asia?

Hi!  I'm developing this blog to tell a little about Asia's story and the pups that she whelped on July 27th, 2012.

For my 23rd birthday, my husband created a scavenger hunt with clues that would take me to the next small present until I reached the end. The final gift was a small plush yellow labrador retriever, with a note explaining that I was going to be getting a puppy.  We already had a cat, so a puppy was the logical next step in the growing of our family (kids came a few years later!).  Asia was born on May 24th, 2006, and we picked up our adorable new white lab from Majestic Oaks breeders to join our family in July. 

I quickly bonded to my new baby, and took her everywhere.  We have so many great memories of her wild puppy days, and she has since grown to be a much-loved member of our family.  From her extreme patience with our two young children and tolerance of our temperamental cat to her love of retrieving and eager-to-please personality, we cannot imagine our family without this 70-lb bundle of joy.
My new baby!

Is she not the most adorable pup?

Reminded me of a polar bear, thus the nickname, "Asia Bear."

Fun in the snow.

That girl loves her bones.

On a walk with our daughter.

Sleepy girl

No comments:

Post a Comment